In 1926 this building was the home of the first radio studio in Slovakia. From 1939 to 1945 it was the headquarters of the first Slovak State - "Slovenska Republika" (Slovak Republic).
This extensive building was erected in 1910-1912 in the Viennese Art-Nouveau style, as the headquarters of the army division "Korpskomando". The buidling was designed by Mjr. Josef Ritter.
In 1919 it became the headquarters of the Slovak Home Secretary Dr. V. Srobar. For this reason the building soon gained the name "Vladna Budova" (Government Building). Today it houses the rectorate of the Komenius University and "Moyzesova sien" (Moyzes' Hall) - a concert hall used by, amongst others, the Slovak National Philharmonia.
Go Diagram of Vajanského nábrezie
Go Other objects of interest
Go Back to start