One of the most beautiful Roccoco pallaces in Bratislava. It was built by the Bratislavan Builder M. Hollrig in 1768-1770 on the site of an older building from the 15th century for the rich beer producer M. Specha. Things of special note in this four-winged pallace are the richly decorated staircases and rooms on the first floor. The pallace has had many owners. By request of the last owner E. Mirbach, the town gallery was established here.
Exhibitions of Central European painting and sculpture from the 17th to the 19th century are housed in this gallery. Most of the works are by Baroque artists who lived, or played a role in the history, of Bratislava. Apart from these works the gallery also houses sculptures by J. R. Donner, the so called "characteristic heads" by F. X. Messerschmidt and paintings by the Bratislava born A. F. Oesera and F. X. Palku.
Go Diagram of Frantiskánske námestie
Go Other objects of interest
Go Back to start