This building was formed by the gradual extension and renovation of three older guest houses - The Three Green Trees, The National and The Austro-Hungarian King. It obtained its present name and appearance in 1928-1930 after further additions by the architect M M Harminc.
From 1840 until 1848 the National Hotel also served as a terminus for a horse-drawn tramway from Bratislava to Svaty Jur.
Go Diagram of Hviezdoslavovo námestie
Go Other objects of interest
Go Back to start