Renaissance church built from 1636 to 1638 as a German Protestant church. In 1672 during the period of re-catholicisation it was given to the Jesuits who renovated it and added Baroque architectural decoration. In the 17th Century J. Kusser, the father of the composer and founder of the Hamburg Opera J. S. Kusser, was the organist in this church.
Inside there is a particularly interesting Rococo pulpit by L. Gode and altar paintings by F. X. Palk.
Go Diagram of Frantiskánske námestie
Go Other objects of interest
Go Back to start