This tenement block was built in the second half of the 19th century. In this building one of Bratislava's most famous photographers, E Kozic, had his studio. He is noted in the history of photography for introducing photographic techniques involving unconventional materials such as textiles and glass. From 1948 to 1950 this building housed the general consulate of the USA. In 1991 after the revolution the consulate was reopened here.
Go Diagram of Hviezdoslavovo námestie
Go Other objects of interest
Go Back to start