This Gothic single aisle church was originally built at the beginning of the 14th Century. It was built by the monastic order of the Poor Clares on the site of an older Cistercian Monastery. According to the regulations of their order the Clares were not allowed to build tower on their church. For this reason in 1400 they built an interesting 5 sided stone tower on the perimeter wall. Later on after damage caused by an earthquake the tower was underpinned by a massive stone pillar. With time the church was extended and renovated several times.
Since the last renovation in 1973 the church has been used as a concert hall.
Go Diagram of Klariská ulica
Go Other objects of interest
Go Back to start