This renaissance town house, with it's massive diamond portal, was built in 1648 by German builders for the rich merchant and patron of the Protestant Church in Bratislava, Andrej Segner.
In 1704 the well known physicist, doctor and inventor of the so-called "Segner wheel" ( forerunner to today's turbine), Ján Andrej Segner was born here. He also worked as a professor at the Universities in Jen and Hall. He died in Hall in 1777.
Go Diagram of Michalská ulica
Go Other objects of interest
Go Back to start