This Art Nouveau building was built in 1913-1919. It was designed by Komora and Jakabaon the site of the old town granary. The main concert hall was decorated by the Bratislavan sculptor A Messner. The cariatids on the Mostova ulica (Bridge Street) facade, are the work of the Vienesse master Scholla. The main entrance from Palackého ulica (Palace Street) is by the Bratislavans Heim and Holub. The Southern Frontage facing Námestie Ludovíta Stúra (Ludovit Stur Square) is the work of Master Kiener from Linz who was also responsible for the stucco decoration of the main auditorium. The vaults above the staircases are the work of the Viennese sculptor Lászlóvský. The Slovak Philamonic Orchestra regulary give concerts here. Students from the VSMU (Academy of Music) often perform in the small hall.
This was a place of entertainment, musical performances, and various meetings for citizens of Bratislava. Today it is the home of the Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra. Students from the VSMU (Academy of Music) often perform in the small concert hall.
Go Diagram of Mostová ulica
Go Other objects of interest
Go Back to start